Grantees & Contractors
First 5 Nevada County funds projects that fall under four main focus areas of our Strategic Plan. In making funding decisions, First 5 Nevada County considers best practices, demonstrated effectiveness, demonstrated need, organizational capacity, and accountability. Evaluation is an important part of all of our funding processes.
Our current round of large grants will run from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2015. The Commission has allocated funds to collaboratives, home visiting, school readiness, family resource centers, children’s behavioral health, and quality child care.
The Commission is requesting submission of Letters of Intent to begin the funding process. These letters will be due by 5 p.m.on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 for consideration at a meeting of the Commission on December 17, 2014. From these letters of intent, the Commission will invite full proposals, which will be due January 20, 2015.
The First 5 Nevada County Commission has outlined the following priorities for the funding process; it is possible that the Commission may not fund all priorities:
- Parenting support
- Behavioral health care access
- Support for children’s social-emotional development
- Support for the development of children’s school readiness skills
- More exposure to pre-literacy activities
- Support for children’s health and wellness, including dental, obesity prevention, developmental screening, immunization
- Higher quality child care
- Increased service coordination and collaboration
- Bilingual access to services for families
Guidelines for applying in this funding process can be found here. Please contact our office at (530) 274-5361 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Professional Advancement for Kids Scholarships
PAK scholarships are given to individuals who work in a professional capacity with children 0 to 5 who have not yet entered Kindergarten. Each year, the Commission allocates $5,000 for these scholarships which are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis throughout the year. Anyone who received a PAK Scholarship in the past school year will not be eligible for a grant in the current school year.
Tools for Grantees
- Strategic Plan
- Policy Manual
- Grantee Budget Proposal Form
- Demographics Reporting Form
- Project Outcomes Chart